(Makes about 20 muffins)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- scant 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking power
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, for rolling
- 1 cup raspberry jam (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cupcake papers into 20 tins.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and egg until light in color. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Pour into egg mixture, oil, milk and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Divide batter evenly into the muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes (our took exactly 15). Remove from oven when done and place on cooling rack.
- Melt butter and pour remaining cinnamon and sugar into a small dish. Dip a spoon into the butter and using the back of the spoon gently cover the muffin tops and roll in cinnamon/sugar.
- Cut a small cone out of the top of the muffins (see below) and fill with jam, using a plastic bag and icing tip. ENJOY!
|Dip a spoon into the butter and using the back of the spoon gently cover the muffin tops.|
|Roll in cinnamon & sugar mixture.|
|Cut a small cone out of the top of the muffins.|
|Lauren and I thoroughly enjoyed eating all the cones.|
|Fill with jam, using a plastic bag and icing tip.|